Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God's Love Part II

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:16-18

Yesterday, was a difficult day for me.  I needed to be surrounded by God's presence. I laid down to pray. 
This journey is VERY difficult.  We have to continually put our trust in the Lord for deliverance. We are only one month into the waiting.    We will not make it through this process without God. 

I know He is watching over us.  We got good news yesterday, pending our homestudy, we've been accepted into the South Korea program.  Woot!  I didn't even know that the social worker had sent our paperwork in, I thought she was waiting for one more piece of information.

God is amazing.  2 Corinthians 12:10 came to my mind.  When I looked it up, I noticed the verse before it.

 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am one of the weakest people you will meet.  May God's power abound.  He is Holy.  He is Faithful.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment