Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, September 10, 2010

Hope vs. Wish

Look these two words up in the dictionary: hope, wish.  Do you see the difference?  If you are wishing for something, you're probably going to come up empty handed.  Hope is something you already have or it is something (or someone) you usually work toward. 

In his name the nations will put their hope. Matthew 12:21 (NIV)

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:13 (NIV)

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NLT)

Isn't it amazing how faith, hope, and love are intertwined like the trinity?  And they all last forever.

I have a passport, but they spelled my name wrong.  So today, I filled out the application for a new one.  On the application it asks when and where are you traveling.  I wasn't sure how to answer that, so I put in about 4 months.  Of course, it will more than likely be longer than that, but I don't want to be held up by my passport.  Some of the people receive referrals very soon after they receive their completed home study.  For the country I put Korea or China.  God only knows at this point. 

I hope my little girl comes home soon.  I am waiting. 

I encourage you to listen to John Waller's, "While I'm Waiting".  I love that song.  It's the anthem of a lot of people who are waiting for their children.

Annyeong -that means bye in Korean.  Bai Bai - one form of bye in Mandarin (China).  Goodbye, that is goodbye in English.  Yes, I do get a kick out of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment