Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Doubtfilled Sunday

Everyone has a bad day from time to time.  I will be the first to tell you that I am full of faith for our Father in heaven. My problem this morning was that I had no faith in my own abilities.  It is true, I can't make it on my own.  That starts the downward spiral of I am worthless.  Apart from God that is true also. 

God whispered to me through His word,  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (part of 2 Corinthians 12:9)

Why is it that God continues to follow through on His promises, yet I easily forget to rely on Him?  I have to come back to Him daily.


For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Isaiah 41:13


I may be down, but I am not out!  I will put on the full armor of God (see Ephesians 6:10-20).  I will continue to be bold, even through my weaknesses.  I will continue to be bold about my faith even when it makes someone else feel uncomfortable or they point to me and say all I want is people to focus on me. I beg you please, look at Jesus.  I WILL fail you.  Jesus NEVER fails. 

Praise God for taking care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment