Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Thousand Years Wait

You know that ache you have in your heart to want to hold your new baby? I am pretty sure that this wait for my little girl won't be forever, unless God has other plans, but the worries that surround the wait time are aggravating.  By that I mean it brings forth pain.  Don't get me wrong.  I appreciate all the blessings I have in my life.  There is just a groaning within for my little girl.  I am sure that some look at the time I've waited and say, "Oh, well you've only waited 2 weeks."  Yes, that is correct, and I have a long road ahead of me.

I have so many questions:  What will she look like?  Where will she be from?  What is her background?  Will she love me?  Will our children get along?, etc. The list is circular.  Everyday, she is closer to coming home.

Have you ever wondered about these Bible verses:

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8,9

You and I didn't always exist.  Was there a first time that God saw our future?  Was that first time waiting on us agonizing?  Or maybe He just always knew.

When you look back in time at something you already accomplished, it seems like yesterday, but looking forward, it seems like a thousand years.  I think God's love for us is so amazing.

Look up the word "faithful" at thesaurus.com.  What do you see? I saw a description of God.  Maybe not completely, but a part of Him.  The more I learn, the more that I see how important words are.  The Words of God are the most important.

Every minute she is closer to being in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment