Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, December 2, 2011

3 years and 3 months

Mr. Liam Caelan has been with us for 3 years yesterday.  He was a dream baby (he didn't cry much).  He is an extremely laid back child and smart.  I love him bunches.
He is funny and reminds me a little bit of the character Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory."  He has "his spot" on the couch.


Faith has been with me for 3 months today.  Here is our baby girl and this is what she is doing right at this moment.  She doesn't like blankets very much, but the blanket she has on her is the "MY" blanket.   She won't sleep under any other at home.  The little baby doll in the lower left is the same one I took to Korea when I met her and it has been her favorite ever since.


People are amazed at how well she understands me.  She says several words and she likes to imitate, so I've really got to be careful what I do.  The words she says lately are: no, yes, pillow, blanket, eat, nice and LET ME (H)AVE IT.   We are working on having her lower her voice and asking politely with a please and thank you.  My ultimate, favorite phrase is:  "LUV YOU."   Said with her little voice inflection.

She has had some nights of grieving lately.  She rolls all around in her sleep on her bed and onto the floor (the mattress is on the floor, so she doesn't fall far).  She was sick with a fever a week ago, followed by a cold with some big, snotty sneezes.  I think she has had some extra difficulty due to the holiday family get togethers and over stimulation. 

She has also had some bumps and bruises lately.  First, she was playing with Owen.  He was giving her a piggy-back ride and I told him to be careful because she doesn't understand to hold on.  Right after that she fell off and bit her lip.  Then, she was playing with her Dad's shoe and a light saber toy and fell on it and skinned her chin on the toy and bit her tongue.   I am thankful that she likes ice.  I shrunk some ice and put it in her mouth to stop the bleeding.  Her third accident is when Aiden didn't know she had her hand on the door jam.  He shut the door on her finger.  I told her with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat that that is enough getting hurt.  She is ONE TOUGH COOKIE and barely cried in any of the 3 instances.

She has taken on what I call, "the throwing of the tantrums" (another thing possibly linked to grieving, but also to being a toddler).  She cries louder and harder during one of these than when she is actually physically hurt.  She also sometimes bangs her head on the floor or wall when she is throwing one of these tantrums.  I can see her frustration when mommy either doesn't understand or will not give into what she wants. 

She has grown SO much since she has come home.  She was in 18 months when she came home and now she is almost growing out of some of her 2T things.  I am blessed that she is a good eater.  She does have some dislikes, but at least the likes outnumber the dislikes (unlike my 6 year old whose diet would consist of mac and cheese and hot dogs if I let him).

We live in a rural area, so we don't have a lot of Asian type food in our area. My SIL told me about these Seaweed snacks that are sold at a grocery store about an hour away.  So a few days ago went to the "fancy" grocery store and picked her up some seaweed snacks.  Her eyes lit up and you couldn't give it to her fast enough.  So, I'm thinking stocking stuffer for sure.

I am very thankful she is home and is continuing to do well.  We have to work through a few things, but what family doesn't?  I yearn for the day when she sees this as her home, too.  Please continue to pray that she has joy in her heart and is able to accept us as her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment