Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Through the Eyes of Children

The other day my 4 children and their cousin were sitting around the snack table and Faith was eating seaweed.  I had forgotten that their cousin, Evy (that's what the littles call him, sounds like Chevy), likes dried seaweed snacks also (probably even more than Faith does). 

Owen (6 years old) said, "Ew, why does Evy like seaweed, too?"

I said, "Because they both come from the same place, South Korea."

He said (with amazement in his voice), "Oh, I didn't know Evy was adopted, too."

My 10 year old and I giggled.  Evy has been home less than 2 years, but it amazes me that in the eyes of a child, my son didn't see the physical differences between the parents and the child.  What a blessing to be a witness to that innocence.

Another really neat thing that happened recently is that my nephew has finally called me, "Aunt Chris."  It was music to my ears.  He is my nephew and he is loved, but it was important for me to give honor to his mother by insisting on him calling me by my name.  This is important to me because it is important to me that my children call me Mommy and no one else.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment