Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Monday, May 21, 2012

Vacation Day 1

Friday was day one of our vacation.  Shawn has finally slowed down enough for me to type. 

I started out leaving our children in Iowa at my mothers house.  I left at about 7:30 a.m.  It wasn't as difficult leaving them as I thought it would be.  I was going to wait until they woke up, but I knew I had to get on the road to make good time for the rest of our trip. 

They were all sleeping when I gave them hugs good-bye. 

Leaving for Vacation


Shawn was still on the clock on Friday, so our first stop was Chillicothe, MO due to the battery on the laptop was dead. 

Our next stop was Hannibal, MO because the laptop battery was dead again.  He had to get one more thing done before vacation.  We stopped at Breadeaux Pizza long enough for him to get it done.  Then the real vacation started.

Mark Twain's House
They have replica's of the houses from characters in his books.  I took a picture of "Huck Finn's" outhouse.   I thank God for indoor plumbing.


After we walked around Mark Twain's boyhood home, we walked down by the Mississippi.  I took a picture of this post.  It was written in many languages around the post.   I pray for God's peace to prevail soon.


We got back on the road again and drove through the southern tips of Illinois and Indiana.  We stayed at Owensboro, Ky. 

I visited 5 states on day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment