Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Sacred Role

Recently, I listened to Revive Our Hearts and Nancy Leigh DeMoss had a guest on her show named Erin Davis.  Erin has a new book called Beyond Bath Time:  Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role.  I can not wait to read this book.

I had been struggling with depression due to feeling like my role wasn't important. My in and out daily duties just didn't stack up to the importance of the "working world".

I am SO glad that God once again has taken me out of the miry pit.

My role as a mother is sacred.  All of my life I have wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom.  That was my goal.  I am so blessed to be able to be home with my children. 

I am going to paraphrase something that Erin said, "You are reaching an "unreached people group."  Your children have never heard the gospel.  Teach it to them. Live it."

I had a wonderful low-key mother's day weekend. 

We watched "We Bought a Zoo" on Friday night.  Saturday night,  all of us but the youngest one (she went to her aunts house) saw the Avengers at the movie theater.  Sunday we spent lunch with my mother's-in-law family and we ate out for supper.  I didn't have to cook all day Sunday and I spent it with these special gifts.

These pictures were taken Monday night at the supper table of my blessings  (4/5 of them) being silly at the supper table:






Dear Lord,
May I be anointed to serve them with your Power and Grace.  May you shower them with the gift of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control through me.  Thank you for letting me care for these blessings and entrusting me with them.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment