Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, February 24, 2012

I want to be a SUPER MODEL

I want to be a super model.  Not on the outside, but on the inside.  I want my inner beauty and the Holy Spirit to shine.  It seems that I have grown a bit U-G-L-Y, especially at home.   I have harbored anger at others.  I must admit, I am a work in progress.   Now it is time to drench myself in God's Holy Word and pass it on to my kids.  I want my character to look the same in public as I do at home.   I want to be the same softhearted person at home that I am at church. 


when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.  1 Peter 2-4

It seems to me that our at home Bible studies are lacking.  So, today, my kids and I are going to start with the following Bible verse and we will break it down for about 9 days. 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30

I want to be a person of the spirit and I want my actions to show it. . . a person after God's own heart, like David from the Bible.  I hope you want to be a super model, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment