Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Monday, February 20, 2012

Live Spelled Backwards

L-I-V-E spelled backwards is evil. 

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 John 4:16

The opposite of live = death.  Apart from God is evil, which leads to eternal death.

A while ago, I was talking to a young woman about her partying and drinking and her decisions that were not of God.  She exclaimed to me, "I just want to experience life."

That is how this world teaches us to live. . . apart from God.   The truth was, she doesn't want to experience life, she wanted to experience sin. 

At one point in time, this person was me.   Not what she was doing, but her way of thinking. 

If you want to experience life, experience GOOD things because. . .


Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
Fear the LORD, you his godly people,
for those who fear him will have all they need.
Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.
Psalm 34:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment