Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Sense of Calm

Have you ever done one of the biggest things in your life and had an almost complete calm about you?  That was our trip to Seoul.  I told my Dad that I felt like God was flying the airplane.  I'm such a child at heart that I pretend He's playing.  It was God's decision on how all this worked out.  Before I left for Seoul there was a Bible verse that kept playing over and over in my head:

Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:29  (NLT)

How easy is that?  You don't have to fight for your life.  You just have to give it up.  Surrender and ride.  Surrender and ride.  REPEAT.

The only time I didn't have a sense of calm was when we were in the TSA line and we were going to miss our plane.  I wanted to be home with my husband.  Faith traveled extremely (heavenly) well for a toddler.  I lost it and big crocodile tears wer pooring from my eyes.  It was the only time I really cried on our trip.  My Dad said to me, "What happened to God flying the airplane?  Remember God's flying the plane (and then he makes an action like holding a toy plane)."  I stopped crying and started to smile.  I thank God for that moment.  We missed our flight.  Luckily, we were able to catch another one that left a couple hours later.  What a blessing.  I sat next to a lady that had lost her father that morning.  She said that when she saw us in the airport it looked like Faith and I were already in sync.  She had no idea that we had just picked her up 2 days before.  She made a comment about how God took one life, but was starting a new life with our family.  I hope that meeting us gave a little rest to her soul. 

If you've noticed I haven't said much about meeting Faith.  It is her story.  She is doing extremely well.  From the beginning, I told DJ (the social worker in Seoul) to please reassure the foster mother that it isn't that I don't like Faith or don't want to touch her, but I want her to come to me.  I wasn't going to force it.  THAT my friends has worked out smoothly.  She did come to me and we are buddies. 


Above she is walking with her Foster Mother and her Foster Father.  This is the outfit she was in when I met her.  I will not show pictures of anyone else from South Korea because I didn't ask their permission.  Faith was LOVED by her FM.   Her FM did an outstanding job at mothering her.

She comes to me and wraps her legs around my waste when I hold her when she is feeling insecure.  She doesn't like her brother (the youngest) to receive any of my attention.  I really thought that he'd be the jealous one, so I find this a little funny.  She and her Daddy had a little bit of bonding time tonight.  He made supper while I took a break for myself for a couple of minutes.  I would come in and out of the room to let her know I was still around, but also I didn't want to miss any of this "bonding show".  She is already getting better about letting me out of her sight for more than a minute.  Not that I really want to be out of her sight, but I want her to feel secure in all of her home surroundings with or without me.

She is an amazing child with a HUGE smile.  She has dimples at the corners of her mouth.  She loves to take a bath.  Did I say she loves water?   She has stuck her hands in the toilet 3 times since she's been with me.  Eeeww.  I've become quicker about closing the toilet seat.

She loves stuffed animals, but for some reason she likes to bite their noses.  She then gets fuzz in her mouth.  Eeewww.  She likes to drop food on the floor to get a reaction out of my DEAR dh. 

My dh and I had a few minutes after all 4 kids were asleep to spend some time with each other.  The bonding would have been better if it weren't for my hay fever.  How cute is a woman with a red, snotty nose and a hacky cough?  Have I told you lately how much I love him?  He's done a wonderful job these last few days taking care of me, so that I can take care of Faith. 

Tomorrow will be the day to start our new routine of a family of 6.  That seems so weird to say.  What a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment