Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Substitutions

Today for lunch I made Tuscan Soup.  The recipe called for chicken bouillon.  DRAT!  I used that up a few days ago and haven't made up a shopping list to replace it, so I substituted beef bouillon instead.  I substituted half and half for the cream also.   The soup was still delicious.

It got me to thinking that there are sometimes no substitutions.  For example, there is no substitution for kindness, love, human touch, and most of all God.

Often waiting parents ask what they should be doing to prepare for the wait between application and referral and then referral to having your child in your arms.  My recommendation is this:  get to know your heavenly Father better.   You can never, never, NEVER go wrong with making that relationship stronger.  He'll carry you through your toughest days.  That actually goes for everyone breathing.

The other thing that got me through was pictures of people's precious children who had come home recently, so here ya go! 



Worth every minute and every sleepless night of the wait!
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! God carries you through the wait! She is so cute! We have that car except our is blue and white. All three of our kiddos have used it. It's a must have with a toddler.

    ReplyDelete