Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Simply Dismayed

Today, I am asking the question, "I'm a mess.  Now what, God?"  This morning I woke up feeling a whole ball of emotions.  I wasn't sure what I was feeling, just negative.  Most weekdays, I visit the website Revive Our Hearts.  Today, I decided to click on a link from that web site to read  "The Tree Outside My Window" from the web site Lies Young Women Believe. 

I am not a person that generally cares about my outside appearance.  God made me and I'm usually o.k. with my outward appearance.  I have accepted it.  But what I am struggling with today is my inward appearance.
I'm loud and obnoxious. I jump to conclusions.  I am quick to speak.  I get frustrated easily and quickly.  It's - just - not - pretty.

Somehow while looking on the Internet for  something completely unrelated, I stumbled upon the URL for The Interview with God.  The Bible verse on its opening page is:

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God." Isaiah 41:10a

And there it was.  That is what I am feeling . . . dismayed. 

I opened my devotional and the verse from yesterday (I don't remember reading it yesterday because I was too busy) was:

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10
Then in my mind I heard, "I created your inmost being."

I looked it up.  The complete Bible verse is: 

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  Psalm 139:13

That is the verse that comes right before the verse that was used in the story "The Tree Outside My Window":

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

The answer to now what is:  "Do not be dismayed.  I created you, I am with you.  I know you inside and out. I know you better than you know yourself.  I will hold you up, lean on ME. Trust ME. " 

I praise you God for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Thank you, Lord that I no longer feel dismayed.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment