Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Disaster Preparedness

A woman I go to church with has asked me to attend a meeting on disaster preparedness for our community.  A part of me doesn't really want to go and I don't really believe in what they teach for being "prepared for a disaster".   They will teach us what we can be in control of before disaster strikes.  They will teach us what we as "humans" can do after disaster strikes.

I will tell you EXACTLY what I will do as a human.  I will panic.  I will panic.  And then I will panic some more.  No matter how "prepared" I am.  Then I will let God take over and only then will the work get done.

I believe as Christians that we need to be prepared for disaster at all times.  Sometimes it is called preparing for the storm.  But, the storm is always raging.  The battle is ALWAYS going on, until the Lord says, "It is FINISHED." for the last time.

People choose to ignore the battle.  Satan will lie to you daily and tell you that there isn't anything to fear in the heavenly realms.  Satan will tell you that you have time.  Satan will distract you with many things.

I will tell you that right now, I am in Spiritual battle against satan.  I have never prayed this hard in my life.  I fell asleep praying last night.  My son awoke crying.   As soon as I lay my head back on my pillow, I continued praying.  I fell asleep again.  My son awoke crying.  As soon as I lay my head back on my pillow, I continued praying.

I called one of my Aunts last night and I asked her to pray for my brother, Eric.   I called a few of my praying friends at church to pray for my brother, Eric.  I asked my fellow church members that were at church on Sunday night to pray for my brother, Eric.  I am asking you to pray for my brother, Eric.

My brother has an addiction and he is in the grips of satan.  My brother also has an illness that I am asking that you pray to be completely healed. 

Will you stand?  Will you kneel?  Will you pray?

May the Holy Spirit take hold of this problem.  This might be a little insignificant problem to the masses.  This insignificant problem is actually one GREAT big problem called satan. You deal with him too, whether you acknowledge the fact or not.  BUT, GOD CAN OVERCOME.  

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8



I am calling you to be alert.  I am calling you to WAKE UP.

And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, LORD, so that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 2 Kings 6:17

I pray that we open our eyes to the spiritual realm. 



For the Glory of God.  AMEN.







1 comment:

  1. Prayers for your brother. The beginning of your post reminded me of the song Praise YOu in the Storm by Casting Crowns.

    ReplyDelete