Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, January 13, 2012

wait

Did you know that almost 3 BILLION people live on less than $2 a day? (Info from World Bank Web Site)

If you happened to read my post yesterday, I guess I haven't sat still long enough to listen to what God has to say.
Yesterday, I visited my friend Jessica's house.  I saw a picture frame with the first part of Psalm 46:10 Bible verse, "Be still and know that I am God." 

So begins our conversation.

I guess I've been waiting on a word from God.  And the word came from God last night.  The word is "wait."   The word was spoken to my spirit and permeated my entire being.  It's like a whisper, but not really spoken, just felt.

You might ask yourself, "How does she hear from God?  I don't hear from God.  What makes her special?"  The answer is in God's word itself.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

Last night my mind was thinking about flying with God on eagles wings.  I was thinking about how an eagle will swoop down quickly to the ground, but not crash.  I was also thinking about how they can fly high in the air and glide.  Weightless.  Peaceful. I picture how beautiful the landscape must be from above. 
This morning I did a search for "wait on the Lord Bible verse" and this is what came up:
 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31
 I was reading an old post here about how we as Christians seem to always be waiting for something.  The blogger's name is Katherine, and she shared a plaque on her blog that had this on it:  Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4

I have a desire in my heart to help orphans and those that are in pain, but I am not sure how God wants me to proceed.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
I didn't even know what my question was, but it is HOW?  God HOW do you want me to help the orphans?  OR God HOW are you going to help the orphans through me?

I have had this overwhelming sadness and pain in my chest.  I told my husband last night that I was depressed, but I couldn't figure out why.  I told Jessica 2 days ago that I was lonely, but I didn't know why.  It is all because of the desire that I didn't know was there.  But, now I do.
Your question might be why?

 Because Jesus said,
"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'  Matthew 25:45

The Bible also says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

So today, I've decided to share some information with you about some different organizations that help some of the least of these.  Maybe you can help.

LOCALLY

Search your area for different local organizations that have a need.

There are children's homes that may have some needs.
Children need foster parents.  Some children need adopted out of foster care.
Children need safe houses (from the little that I know, these are short-term children placements until a more permanent situation or foster care opens up).

Because of this blog http://erikandkatekrull.blogspot.com/ about  Lucy and this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCDAi7M_flw

I saw the need of  St. Judes Children's Research Hospital

I hope and pray I never have to walk those halls as a parent, maybe as a volunteer though.

GLOBALLY

My first subject will be adoption.  This is not a subject I take lightly.  I believe it is a commitment for forever of time, love, patience, and God is in the center of it.  It isn't something you quit.  First of all, the the biggest need right now internationally is for boys and older children to be adopted. 

Here is a boy listed on our agency's web site.  He is waiting in China. (you might have to cut and paste the link because I am having troubles making it a link that you can click on).
http://www.holtinternational.org/cgi/photolisting/display12.cgi?ID=B11_128&Index_re=0

His story really tugs at my heart.

Here is the link for our agency to view other waiting children:  http://www.holtinternational.org/waitingchild/photolisting/

Holt International not only offers adoption services, but they also focus on keeping the underprivileged children with their birth parents or families.  There are options on their site to donate to sponsor children. 

I have a friend named Laura that recently went on a mission trip with this organization that helps orphans:
http://theglobalorphanproject.org/

There is also an organization that helps widows http://www.gfa.org/about/

There are many other human needs as well, such as clean water, food, touch, safety, and shelter.

Don't waste your time thinking about doing something, but actually do something.

I'll keep you posted on what God wants me to wait for.

For God's Kingdom,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment