Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Blessed Conversation

My first and best friend will always be my sister.  I love her dearly.  I was blessed with a sister who is more loving and giving than about anybody I know.  She has a way of teasing without being hurtful.  She is caring beyond words can describe.  Whenever people see me and know her, they ALWAYS ask about her.  She's the fun, interesting, beautiful one.  I am the grouchy, sensitive one.

Between the 2 of us we have 7 kids, so having an uninterrupted conversation for 30 minutes is VERY unusual.  We had the BEST conversation the other day about church traditions and what God is doing in our lives and what we are seeking.

I revealed to her what God is calling to me to do.  It's sort of a secret at this point because as she thought I was crazy, others would think I am crazy as well.   I also am at a waiting point, so the complete logistics of God's plan are not in place.  This plan is God-breathed and takes much FAITH and TRUST in HIM on my part and the ones closest around me. 

My husband is not on board with this idea at this moment either.  Her reply was, "Well, someone has to keep you grounded."   I did not find this reply offensive, I found it to be a world view and expected. I know that she is trying to "protect me and my family."  BUT I will share what I learned from it with you. 

My words are in black, the Bible is in red.

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:8

This is the account of Noah and his family.
Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. Genesis 6:9

 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. Genesis 6:11

Through Genesis 6:12-21 God gave HIS commands to Noah and told him what God was going to do. . . destroy the earth and everything in it by the way of a flood.  He would only spare Noah and his wife, 3 sons and their wives and the animals that were on the ark (except the ones on there that were to be eaten).

Noah did everything just as God commanded him.  Genesis 6:22

Do you think that if Noah listened to the people of this world that he would have survived the flood?  It took faith on Noah's part.  Do you think the people of the day thought it odd that he was building an ark?  The answer is YES.

Worldly wisdom will NEVER understand God's wisdom. 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:8

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”  Galatians 6:7-8

In the Bible there are several accounts where God told man what He was going to do.   If we seek HIM, God still tells us today what will come to pass.  In all accounts it is best to follow God, not man.

There is the lesson in a nutshell.  I could go on and on.

May you be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment