Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Holy Object of My Affection

Dearest Loved Ones,

God is just TOO much. I wish I could explain to you in a way that would go directly to your heart and in your understanding, then you would seek HIM with your all.  Because HE is just so cool that it makes me giggle way down deep inside.  It's a secret that He's given.

My paternal grandmother passed away about 3 years ago.  When she passed away, she willed her Bible to my cousin.  To be honest, I was jealous.  I wanted her Bible.  I normally could care less for objects or "things" that people own.  But, this was her Holy Book.  Sort of like Moses' staff or Elijah's cloak.  This is the book that she touched and that she read and underlined and was filled with joy and sometimes tears.  This was the object that she used to remain in close relationship with God.

It's as if I possessed her Bible, then I could have the same closeness.  I could gain that same wisdom and see it with her eyes.

Now, get this.  This cousin who received her Bible passed away yesterday.  He is the first of my generation in our family to pass.  Actually, he's been the first to pass on that side of the family since my grandmother passed away.  Now, I SEE.   It was God's purpose that he had my grandmother's Bible.  It was her wish that my cousin would grow closer to HIM.   There just wasn't much time.

My grandmother even made a comment before she passed that my cousin "needed it."  Believe me, he is not the only one in our family that needed it and still don't know it.

I am reading the Bible chronologically right now.  Here is one of the verses from last night's reading:

Surely the Lord God does nothing,
Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:7


Then here is the Bible verse from this morning:

No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God—his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began. 8 But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord. 9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”

10 But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.  1 Corinthians 2:7-10

Here is a verse from our Bible Study:

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:5



So, now you know where you find wisdom.  It isn't from things, it is from HIM, THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE object of my affection.  He isn't a thing, HE is a who.  HE is GOD, the LORD ALMIGHTY.  May your soul be open to His words.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment