Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fragility

Yesterday, I was washing a fragile bell that we had received as a wedding present 14 years ago.  It slipped out of my hand and hit another glass jar. The side of the bell was chipped in several places.  I am not one to keep a lot of nick knacks ESPECIALLY broken ones, so I threw it away.

It got me thinking about the fragility of humans.

There is physical pain and there is emotional pain.  Sometimes mental pain.  Sometimes all together, sometimes separate.  Sometimes just so overwhelming.

A few days ago one of my brothers called and we were speaking about how emotional pain can last a lifetime. 

I visit a blog by Kate Krull about her and her family's journey with her  6 year-old daughter fighting cancer.  There is pain there, but there is also gratitude and blessings.  On her blog, she had a Link party. 

So many of the blogs that I have read are about the pain of losing a child.  There are also blogs where people don't know Jesus.  These  blogs have more pain than many of the one's who have lost a child. 

How I pray that those people can find the Joy that Jesus has to offer.

This is what Solomon (the wisest man who ever lived) has to say, “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
 says the Teacher.“Utterly meaningless!  Everything is meaningless.” Ecclesiastes 1:2

Without the savior everything is meaningless, or as it says in another translation "vanity".   

People are fragile and that is why we need Jesus.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 4:6

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

He has so many good promises for us.  We have to repent. If we aren't turning from our sins, then we aren't HIS. Time doesn't heal wounds. Jesus does. Maybe not on this earth, maybe not in your lifetime, but in HIS time and for HIS glory.

The Lord loves us, but we have to allow ourselves to be broken before HIM.  He doesn't throw us away.  He is waiting for us to come to HIM.  No one or no thing can take the place of HIM.  He is the healing balm to our heart, our soul, and our being.

Until next time, my prayers are for the broken hearted.  For those who have lost.  For those who are lost.  In JESUS Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment