Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Monday, June 25, 2012

Separation Anxiety / Robin Man / Wonderful Surprise

Written Sunday, 6/24/2012

I have now been Faith's Mommy longer than any other mother figure that has taken care of her.  We have entered the "MAJOR" separation anxiety stage.  Although it is very terrifying for her when I leave, it really makes my heart feel good that she loves me so and wants me.  Shawn and I were going on a date last night to celebrate our anniversary.  We left the kids with Shawn's Mom.  Faith absolutely loves and adores her grandparents, but last night, she was hanging on to my dress and kicking and screaming.  "I want my MOMMY!"  (I would like to point out that even when I picked her up from her Foster Mother in South Korea, she didn't act that way.) I think we are making healthy strides in attachment. 

Shawn stripped her away from me and put her in his parent's car in her car seat.  Shawn's Mom said that she didn't cry any more after that.  One thing I love about Shawn is at supper he asked, "Is it bad that I am worried about baby girl?"  I said, "No. and Yes. She'll be fine."  Of course then I start worrying and almost called to check on her, but I knew they'd call if it was something they couldn't handle. 

I love her so much.  I am glad that she wants to be with me, even though some days it is exhausting, I would not exchange it for anything else on this earth.

Robin Man

Owen has always L-O-V-E-D to be a super hero.  Faith is now really starting to play.  She likes to say that she is Superman.  Owen had an old Robin outfit.  Faith calls herself, "Robin Man."




Of course Robin Man always carries her sunglasses case (purse) with her. 

Wonderful Surprise

For the last 5 weeks, we have only been to church 1 time due to vacation, sickness, and a holiday.  I have missed my church family dearly.  I was SUPER excited to be back to church and Sunday School.   When I walked into church we had a wonderful surprise.  The four girls from Eternity Focus were seated in the pews.  The girls are very good friends with one of our Sunday School students and they have also become good friends with another family in our church.  I was so excited to see them. 

Unfortunately, for them, I had planned all week to use one of their songs ("Live the Lyrics") as the topic for our Sunday School class.   We looked at the Hymn "I Surrender All", which their song is about.  I love these girls, I hope you check them out and are blessed by their music.

Tonight, I am looking forward to Bible Study and Worship Service following.  There is no other place I'd rather be than in the house of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment