Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Saturday, June 30, 2012

One of the Best Compliments

This week I was putting our ladder into our small pop-up swimming pool.  I put all the weight of my right foot on the ladder and squished my left big toe. 

I was sharing with some of the ladies at church about my injury and then I share that my grandma always said that your "such and such injury is a long ways away from your heart. 

One of the ladies said, "You have such a big heart that maybe your toe isn't a long ways away."

That is one of the best compliments I think I've ever received.  Oh, how I love to love on people and bring them joy.

Now, I have to share a strange comment.  I rarely wear makeup.  It makes me feel phsyically uncomfortable (allergies) and sometimes emotionally (long story of my many insecurities). 

I wore makeup last night to our VBS Program.  One of the boys who is going into the 7th grade said,  "You look like a clay model."

Not sure I want to be a clay model.  Maybe I shouldn't have worn makeup.

1 comment:

  1. LOL that is a funny comment, Love the things kids say :)

    ReplyDelete