Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I Hate Easter"

Today when I was at work, one of the Doctors walked by and said, "Happy Easter."
My co-worker exclaimed, "I hate Easter." 

I looked at her, gave her an uneasy smile, turned my head and stared at my computer waiting for the first patient to arrive. I didn't have time, nor did I have the energy to tackle the whys of her statement.

My first question in my mind was, "You hate the fact that Jesus is risen from the dead and He is the giver of life?"  "Do you hate the secularism of the holiday?" "Did something bad happen to you on Easter?"

I've been dealing with a lot of stress pertaining to situations at work, so I couldn't handle this situation.  Keep in mind that I work at an oncology clinic, so there are some sad situations (some miracles), but a lot of bad news when you're dealing with many cancer patients and many other diseases that are lifetime ill-health diagnoses. 

I had to focus on my work day (I'm still new) and it wasn't an appropriate time to discuss our beliefs due to we were on work time.  Once the day gets started at our clinic, there is no time to sit around and slack off.  Even lunch yesterday was about 15 minutes long.

Please join me in praying for my co-worker and all the others that "hate" Easter.  It's sad for whatever reason she and they "hate" Easter.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"  John 11:25-26  (NIV 1984)

My heart mourns for the people that don't believe this.  I love Easter because my Savior died on my behalf and rose from the dead.  He's ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment