Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Raising Money For Someone Else

When we started this adoption process, the MOUNTAIN of money that it was going to take to pay for it was very daunting.  We have asked no human to donate to us.  We asked an individual if they would lend us the money and we'd pay them back.  They said, "no."  The bank was more than happy to give us a loan if we needed one.  Believe me, we did not have the money sitting in the bank.  I was going to apply for a grant until today, it just doesn't seem right and someone else needs a grant more than we do.  

As of today, we will not be seeking assistance from the bank for the molehill of money either.  God has provided. 

SO. . .

That brings me to my request.  My friend's daughter, Chelsea, has a type of Muscular Dystrophy.  I am helping to raise money for her and kids like her for MDA.  Here is the link if you wish to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association  for our team https://www.joinmda.org/2011kcmusclewalk/ChelseasCrew

If you don't feel comfortable donating to our team, you can donate directly to MDA at www.mda.org/musclewalk 

Donations are tax deductible and they will send you a receipt to file with your taxes.   Donations are accepted year round, but our money raising efforts end 3/25/11. 

Thank you in advance and on behalf of Chelsea's Crew!

Luke 6:30
Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment