Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Thursday, July 26, 2012

What Will Move You? -- US?

Last Sunday, I asked this question to our small congregation of gatherers, "What gets you to move?"

Our lives are so busy that we ignore what is REALLY going on around us.  Have you looked at your children lately?  Have you really sat and looked?  Have you looked at your spouse, your family, your friends, your neighbors, your enemies?

1993 Sudan Girl by Kevin Carter


Have you ever wanted to change the world, but you just couldn't get past the how of it?  Yes, the above picture was taken almost 20 years ago, but hunger is still in our world.  Poor is ever prevalent.  We may not be poor as far as money is concerned in the good ole -- U.S. of A., but we are poor.  We are spiritually poor.

Ask yourself -- how am I going to change the world?

Here is how I am going to change the world:
1.  PRAY
2.  Intercede on behalf of those who won't/don't
3.  Be tenderhearted to the ones physically and emotionally nearest to me
4.  Spread the Word and GOOD NEWS (promises) of Christ
5.  Donate my money to causes that helps the poor, orphaned, and widowed
6.  Volunteer to help the needy when I can
7.  Open my eyes and heart -- to see what God sees  -- and do what HE says.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:40

The photographer left the little girl and only God knows what her fate was. Will you leave children like these too? What if you are that child?  What if your child or grandchild was that child?

Here are at least two places where you can help:

Open Hands for the Fatherless (OH4F)

Holt International Children's Services

Ask yourself how many people are starving?  Not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually.

The above picture is disturbing, but it can also be considered a good gift from above.  It allows us to see the direness of starvation.  It shows us what lack of hope looks like.

Please, give someone HOPE, today.

All my love,
Christina




No comments:

Post a Comment