Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Power Struggle

So much of my life and time is struggling between the powers that be -- good and evil.

A few days ago I was thinking about how I was addicted to being overcome by fear, loneliness, tiredness, hatred, and negativity.  Why are there so many bad feelings? 

So there is the choice.  Do you dwell in the negativity or do you dwell in the presence of His holiness?

I am also addicted to the Father.  He is the only one that can heal and fill.

Psalm 68:5-9
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
   is God in his holy dwelling.
God sets the lonely in families,
   he leads out the prisoners with singing;
   but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
 When you, God, went out before your people,
   when you marched through the wilderness,
the earth shook, the heavens poured down rain,
   before God, the One of Sinai,
   before God, the God of Israel.
You gave abundant showers, O God;
   you refreshed your weary inheritance.

I am weary most days these days.  I find it so amazing how God continues to be so refreshing.  The only other place I'd rather be besides home is church.  Not necessarily the building, but with fellow believers. 

I hope you are choosing to be in His presence.  You can always come spend a minute with me and we can enjoy His presence together.  God Bless!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment