Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chosen

Yesterday, I had a patient that asked, "Do you have any children?"

I said, "Yes, I have 3 boys and a little girl we are adopting right now from South Korea."

She said, "We have an adopted son, but he never says he's adopted.  He always says, 'I was chosen.' And he is 40." 

I said, "Oh, I hope my daughter feels that way."

She said, "Just tell her."

I said, "I will."

Amazing grace!  I love when God brings people like this into my path.

All of my children have been chosen for me to temporarily care for. What blessings God has given. 

3 comments:

  1. Great story. What a difference from hearing "I Hate Easter" at work. I hope I think to always tell Neylan is chosen, not adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't amazing how God places people in your life for not only His purpose, but also to more than often lift us up! So happy you had such a lovely experience. Sounds like your patient was one cool lady! FWIW, I have planned to tell our DS someday just exactly how much he was WANTED and LONGED FOR, how in his father and mother's eyes he's amazing and how we view being his parents as a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boss is adopted and he says the same thing. I love it! Yes, we are all chosen and especially are little asian angels.

    ReplyDelete